Independent Study

Students may develop an independent study course to be completed abroad. The student must plan the curriculum and complete the appropriate paperwork with a GSU professor and the Study Abroad Programs office. Students are eligible to apply for the IEF Scholarship if taking an independent study course overseas.

Students participating in a GSU sponsored independent study that earns academic credit are not allowed to travel to a country for which the U.S. Department of State has issued a Travel Warning. Students must also purchase international health insurance through HTH Worldwide. Ask an advisor in the Study Abroad Programs office for more information.

**Please use this Checklist for Internship Checklist 

You must also complete information via the online application.
Click here to Apply or Learn More! 


We will be closed today for an office retreat...but we'll be back tomorrow! via @GSUStudyAbroad 2 weeks ago