Georgia State University offers tons of short-term study abroad program options, from 1 week spring break programs to 5 week summer language programs and all that’s in between! These types of programs are led by Georgia State University professors and tend to be focused on a particular topic or theme. Ranging from 10-20 participants, short-term faculty-led programs are a great way to really get to know your professors and classmates while earning GSU credit abroad! Students participate in lectures, site visits, excursions, and cultural tours as part of the program.
Although many of the steps are the same when applying to a Spring Break or a Maymester/Summer faculty-led program, there are very important differences in program application & scholarship deadlines, so please pay close attention to the program’s brochure page. Applications for Spring Break & Maymester/Summer programs typically open during the beginning of the fall semester. Students planning to study abroad during Spring Break and during the Maymester/Summer terms should plan to complete the following steps during the fall semester.
- The International Education Fee (IEF) Scholarship is open to students enrolled in degree or certificate programs who will be earning credit for an experience abroad. The minimum institutional GPA is 2.75 for undergraduates and 3.2 for graduate students. Your program application is your scholarship application for the IEF! All students who:
- meet the GPA eligibility requirements,
- have been accepted to a GSU program or approved for a non-GSU program by the deadlines below and
- have paid their deposit (for GSU faculty-led programs only)
will be considered for the scholarship. Recipients will be notified via their GSU student email address. If you do not have a program application or need help applying to a program, please contact the Study Abroad Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 413-2529.
- The Global Experience Scholarship (GES) is open to students receiving need-based financial aid. The minimum institutional GPA is 2.75 for undergraduates and 3.5 for graduate students.
Deadlines for both the IEF & GES:
|Spring 2018||October 31st, 2017|
|Summer/Maymester 2018||February 15th, 2018|
|Fall/Academic Year||April 13th, 2018|
- Please see our scholarships page to learn more about the IEF & GES scholarships as well as other institutional & national study abroad scholarships you may qualify for!
- Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor to go over your scholarship essays and get tips specific to writing study abroad scholarship essays!
- Need help funding your study abroad? Check our calendar for upcoming workshops like How to Afford Study Abroad & Scholarship Essay Workshops!