Scholarship Service Requirements
Students who receive a scholarship from the GSU Study Abroad Programs Office are responsible for service requirements upon their return from study abroad. The service component of the scholarship you receive is a way to “pay it forward” by sharing your study abroad experience with students here at GSU.
- Students awarded the IEF Scholarship must complete their service by the following fall or spring semester (i.e. students who receive the IEF for spring must complete their service by the end of the following fall. Students who receive the IEF for summer must complete their IEF service by the end of the fall semester as well; students who receive the IEF for fall have until the end of the spring semester to complete their service. Allowances will be made for students who receive the IEF one semester, but are still abroad the following semester.
- Failure to complete the IEF service requirements by the deadline will result in a hold on your student account and you will be unable to register for classes, apply for graduation, receive your diploma or request transcripts.
- Students who receive the IEF for multiple terms will be responsible for a corresponding number of service requirements.
- Alternative arrangements can be arranged for students who are no longer local to Atlanta and should be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Recipients of the IEF must complete the following service requirements:
1. Submit confirmation of survey completion: Check your student email!! Following your study abroad experience, you'll receive a link to a survey from the Study Abroad Programs Office. Make sure to take a screenshot of the confirmation page and upload it to our website.
2. Volunteer or Attend an Event: This is your opportunity to speak to other recently returned study abroad students and students who are interested in studying abroad. Sign-up to volunteer or RSVP to qualifying events by following this link or clicking the button below. Not able to volunteer or attend an event? Please submit 2 additional photos with captions to make up for it.
Alternative volunteer service in support of International Education may be accepted, but you must run it by Emily first and you must submit confirmation from a GSU faculty or staff member verifying the nature of your volunteer service.