Global citizens thrive off adventure.
Global citizens welcome new cultures.
Global citizens lead the future.
Are you ready to become one? We thought so.
With this one little book, get access to infinite experiences around the world. Whether you’re traveling abroad to study a new culture, practice a different language, or start an international career, you will need a passport to explore these opportunities. When you’re ready to safely catch flights, not you know what…Where do you want to go? Hold that thought.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled as a Georgia State University student at the time of submitting your “Free” Passport Program application
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Never have previously had or applied for a U.S. passport
- Complete the “Free” Passport Program application through the GSU Study Abroad Website
- Apply on the GSU Study Abroad Website for the GSU “Free Passport” Program
- Watch/Attend a Study Abroad 101 session or attend a live virtual Study Abroad 101 session (Search PIN for Study Abroad 101 to see dates and times)
- Study Abroad 101 - Video
- Study Abroad 101 - Presentation
- Attend a live virtual Study Abroad 101 session (Search PIN for Study Abroad 101 to see dates and times).
- You will be required to complete the Study Abroad 101 Quiz in your "Free" Passport Program application referencing the information you learn in the Study Abroad 101 session.
- Complete the “Free” Passport Program Study Abroad Application before April 14th, 2023.
- If your application for the “Free” Passport Program is accepted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to prepare the necessary documentation and schedule an in-person appointment with GSU Passport Services or your local post office.
- Prepare the documentation for your in-person appointment with GSU Passport Services or follow the instructions from your local post office. If you use GSU Passport Services, you will be required to submit:
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- Passport Fee of $130 via Money Order or check paid to “U.S. Department of State”
- Execution Fee $35 and Passport Photo Fee $5 paid to GSU via Cash, Debit, or Credit Card
- Passport Application – DS-11
- Receive a refund for the application fee ($130) and execution fee ($35) for a full refund of $165.00. Students that submit payment will receive a refund up to 4 weeks after submitting their application.
- Receive your new passport. Passport processing times are delayed according to the U.S. Department of State. Check US Passport processing times here
Get Your Free Passport!
Don’t wait! Remember, passports are the first step to going abroad!
Do you have questions or concerns? Having application issues? We’re here to help. Please email email@example.com and include “GSU Free Passport” in the subject line.
Share Your Passport #TravelFlex!
As a “Thank You” to Study Abroad Programs, please post a pic of you with your passport on social media and tag @GSUStudyAbroad with #GSUFreePassport.
*Please make sure no sensitive information is visible on your #TravelFlex photo.