Global Ambassador Program (GAP)
Study Abroad Programs (SAP) invites study abroad alumni to participate in our Global Ambassador Program (GAP). Ambassadors serve as official SAP volunteer representatives and advocate for study abroad within the Georgia State University community.
- Join a community of fellow study abroad alumni.
- Participate in virtual events to discuss your international experience.
- Complete community service scholarship requirements for programs (i.e. International Access Scholarship (IAS) and Gilman Scholarship).
- Learn how to highlight your study abroad experience on your resume and cover letter.
- Gain valuable experience for your professional development through skills such as marketing, event planning, public speaking, and presentation delivery.
- Act as a mentor/advisor to prospective and outbound study abroad students and make significant contributions to the Georgia State study abroad community.
- Advise prospective study abroad students on available opportunities.
- Attend the virtual ambassador orientation in September.
- Participate in at least one international related event during each term (ex. Study Abroad Fair, International Education Week, or other study abroad events on campus).
- Be a resource for outbound and returning study abroad students.
- Be a Georgia State undergraduate student willing to commit for the entire academic year.
- Have previous or current participation in a study abroad, exchange, or international internship experience while a student at Georgia State.
- Show enthusiasm and passion for study abroad.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to holistically reflect upon your study abroad experience(s) in a professional, truthful, and responsible manner.
Applications for 20-2021 are closed
We encourage ambassadors to become involved in the following ways (not mandatory):
- Make connections with and organize events for future study abroad students to share your experiences and answer any questions they may have before departing.
- Share your international experience story via a blog, presentation, or other student-led opportunity.
- Suggest changes, improvements, new projects, etc.